I grabbed the recipe originally from the Chobani Greek Yogurt website, but then I altered it to make it slightly more healthy – and flavorful! Even my husband who is not a pancake fan loves these. =)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill brand, but you can use what you like)
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour (again, I use Bob’s Red Mill brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 whole egg (whisk it a little before adding other wet ingredients)
- 12oz vanilla Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup milk (I use 2%, but you can use skim to save calories, or whole if you like it best. You might even give some almond milk a try!)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
You will need 2 mixing bowls. In one bowl mix together dry ingredients until well blended. In the second bowl mix together wet ingredients until well blended.
Pour the contents of the dry ingredient bowl into the wet ingredient bowl and mix together until well blended.
Use a 1/4 measuring cup as a ladle for the batter to control the size of each pancake. (This helps greatly in figuring out the calorie count for each pancake since they will all be uniform in the amount of batter used).
Cook as normal, add your favorite toppings, and then enjoy![fb-like]